Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Thank you Law of Attraction! It was only the other day that I was really hoping to get into shooting stills for films when out of the blue a very talented friend of mine Sarah Tinitali asked me if I could come along to a film she was producing to take some. I got to meet so many fantastic people and see how the whole film making process works. The makeup artists and hair stylists, professional actors and talented crew were all so kind and really inspiring. I noticed how important it is to work as a team and I can only imagine it would be the same for big fashion shoots. There are so many things to organise and people on set that without the amazing cooperation that they had it easily could have ended in tears. I also saw that the directors were very specific with what they wanted and had a lot of patience which made things run very smoothly.

The colour palettes that were chosen for the set and costumes were stunning. You could tell that everything was really well thought out as it tied together so perfectly. It was a great opportunity for me to be able to work with some fantastic lighting too because I have really only had experience with natural light. It was all set up for me so all I had to do was shoot! I even got to use a 50mm f/1.2 lens for the day which I am now in love with and have put it on the list to buy before I head overseas.

11 comments:

  1. Oh wow!! How cool to be invited to a film set!! It must have been a very interesting experience. The pictures stir a certain mystery to the unsaid storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there. thanks for stopping by. your blog is great.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey very cool and very cool shots. Love the 1.2 im inspired im going to buy a 1.8 tomorrow (1.2 is a bit to expensive for a single shoot ;) )

    Love the shots i can learn a thing or two from you :) you shoot better and better.

    greetz,

    Martin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! How interesting! Great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so amaying. wow. really strong images...love so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all!

    @Martin Sweers

    Hmm yeah Martin I think I'm going to get a 1.4 now instead. Thank you for your motivating feedback :) and can't wait to see some of your shots with your new lens!

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are really beautiful! honestly, some of them look like paintings, especially the last one. really beautiful photographs!
    xx. alyssa

    http://macaroons-and-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW, thanks for letting us know the inside scoop of film making, so interesting :)), and thank you so much for your sweet comment at my blog, really appreciate it, hope we still can be in touch :)), XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting Jenna! Can't wait to hear all about it later. Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh those pictures are so, so beautiful. What a wonderful opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is such an amazing experience! i want to shoot movie stills so badly
    your good! i love your blog, i definitely have to follow!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all your comments and feedback ♥